Sunday, June 21, 2009

Let the Peacock begin!

So, I wasn't going to officially say I was having a theme for the wedding, but I did know I wanted cobalt blue, emerald green and turquoise as my colors (since they have always been my colors, this was a pretty easy decision). Once I started looking for inspiration for these colors, lots of peacock stuff comes up and I definitely came around to the idea of trying to incorporate them pretty quickly (without being too "arts and crafty" as my potential florist said).

As mentioned, Janell is wearing a dress of mine that I've had since 2001 that has been worn by quite a few people (all of whom will be at the wedding). It's the blue of my tremendous trio of colors.



Stacey will be in green, Jenn will be in turquoise and Theresa will be in something along the same lines. My whole directive to them was to find a dress that they loved and felt they looked great in that happened to fall within the color palette of shades of blue and green. Now, it will be my job to find a pretty little necklace to go with each of the dresses that they pick out. I'm really not concerned with the dresses being similar in fabric, style, or length.

Then came the invites... This one was easy as can be (from RockPaperSizzle on Etsy, of course). The pics below aren't mine exactly, the designer is modifying the colors to match mine a little better, but my favorite part is the wrap around label for the envelope! I was so nervous about invites because for someone who is watching every penny like a hawk, I found my taste in invites to be WAY beyond my budget. I came across RockPaperSizzle by searching for peacock stuff on Etsy, so wowza to find out she is actually within my budget!





I'm thinking a peacock feather in my hair and/or in Adam's boutonniere and that oughta do it. But check in in another week or two and we better hope I don't rent a peacock to walk me down the aisle!

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    I saw your comment. Send me an e-mail if you'd like some help with anything. I'd be more than happy to assist you.

    Good luck!

    -t

    ReplyDelete