Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Great weekend with Janell!

Janell, my lovely maid of honor, was here this weekend and among other things, we were supposed to find her a dress to wear for the wedding. Well, technically, we did - it's one of my favorite dresses ever! It was purchased in 2001 for the amazing price of $63. It has since been worn three times by me, by Erika, by Jackie and by Bianca. Best part? You'd think it was brand new.

So, we checked that off the list pretty early, leaving me with a willing and able partner to take a quick trip down to White Chicago to see if they got any new dresses in that would be more city rooftop wedding appropriate than the one I bought on my birthday. What do you know? They DID! So, now, I'm faced with the difficult decision of whether or not to become a two-dress bride and work on selling that first one to a good home...

The best way to ponder that choice?


Over cocktails, of course! And what better venue than ROOF, at The Wit. It was great to get back and see it on our own, without all the dreamy wonder of the first time. But guess what? The dreaminess is still there - and it was even gross outside.

When we first arrived, it was too busy, but there was a decent crown inside and outside. As the night went on, it filled right up. Our server was very friendly and attentive the entire night - thanks Brooke - and we got to try quite a few of the yummy specialty cocktails on the menu. A few too many, some might say from looking at our pictures from the rest of the night...

We also had these mini Chicken Parmesan sliders, mmm, mmm good. Quite a few of the items on the menu sounded good (perhaps a little more adventurous than I'm used to) and I had my eye on everything other servers were walking by; however, we'd eaten a late lunch, so we didn't get anything else. In general, I love the small plate concept because I can never make up my mind. I'm the one who is always bugging you to order something I like so I can share. I also loved the way they displayed their menus on the tables. We've been trying to think of something interesting to do on our tables for the wedding even though we're not doing assigned seating and seeing their little brushed chrome menu holders made me want to put a quiz or thank yous or something in there for our big day.

Afterward, we wandered to the Bean and took some goofy pics - but also a really neat one of Adam and I kissing in front of it with the city mirrored in the background. Thanks Janell, couldn't have paid for a better pic!

The rest of the weekend though, not so productive. Well, wait a second, I take that back! On Saturday afternoon, we had our first meeting with our D.J. and all 3 of us loved her. Meeting her put me at ease over worrying whether people would dance and have a blast or not. I get the feeling that Tevis (from Toast & Jam) won't let that happen. She made me think a lot about all of the things I still haven't thought through yet, but it was good to get the juices flowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment