Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Wit Hotel Chicago Wedding

So, let me start by saying, The Wit hotel probably isn't for everyone. For example, people who prefer boxy banquet halls  to expansive floor-to-ceiling windows or musty hotel hallways to wide, airy walkways -- they won't like The Wit. Myself, I'm a fan. A big one.

Every spot from the hotel lobby, the library, the ballroom, the rooms to the roof has its own color scheme and style, while each still complements the other perfectly. And for a relatively minimalist asthetic, no detail is forgotten. Bright splashes of color coordinate with classic damask patterns. I'll post pictures soon and you'll understand. 

Honestly, The Wit hotel is the wedding venue for you, if you want:
  • the convenience of a hotel for yourself and guests (in town and out of town)
  • a one-stop-shop of ceremony, food, beverage, planning
  • the gorgeous backdrop of the amazing city of Chicago
  • the modern look and feel found in the sketchy West Loop area, minus the sketchiness
  • a lot of cool factor without having a creative bone in your body (although I can't even begin to imagine how spectacular it could be if I was creative)!
  • extremely responsive and attentive guidance from the Director of Catering
  • to blow your guests away from the moment they enter until the moment they leave
I saw the guest rooms and thought, oh yeah, people will enjoy staying here - who doesn't love an ooey-gooey cookie and a yo-yo upon checkin? THEN, I saw our suite. Living room (that happens to be decorated in my wedding colors), kitchen (yes, kitchen!), giant soaking tub for two, huge king bed with a view of the Carbide building? Yeah, I'll take it, thank you very much. In fact, I may need to stay here once myself BEFORE the wedding, you know, just to make sure it's okay. Maybe a trip to the spa too...

1 comment: