Monday, August 10, 2009

I Heart Etsy

All the best laid plans of being crafty have been blown away. Even I'd had the time, the skill would never have come. The same can be said for learning to dance, and that, unlike decor, is not a problem throwing money at will cure.

Etsy to the rescue. I'm pretty sure I single handedly kept the site afloat this weekend with the purchase of peacock hairpieces, a recipe book style address/guest box, a welcome poster, and a custom map of Chicago for our trolley ride. It was so much fun, I felt like I helped shape what I was getting rather than my usual "hit Nordstrom 1 hour before the party" approach of shopping.

Here are some highlights... I can't say enough about all three of these sellers - quick, friendly, accommodating. The only bad thing? I've learned, once again, that procrastinating isn't ALL bad.

Officiant Peacock Headband From Sweet Grass Mill

Crystal Peacock Hair Comb for Yours Truly From Bridal Couture


Welcome Sign, by April Ink

Guest "Book" - Address Card Box, by rfrantzdesign
Chicago Map, Highlighting our Wedding Rehearsal Trolley Stops, by greenquince

1 comment: